At Chubb, our aim is to process your claim as quickly as possible.
On this page you can find details for what to do in the event of an insured loss under your policy, how to submit your claim and an outline of the required documents to support your claim.
To avoid delay and to ensure your claim is handled promptly and efficiently, please take note of the details outlined for how to make a claim.
For further questions on your Claims, please call Customer Service at: (65) 6398 8776 (Mon-Fri: 9am to 5pm only).
What to do when faced with an event that is insured under your policy
In respect of medical claims (including travel cancellation) you should submit claims to your private health provider prior to lodgment with Chubb Travel Insurance.
For Travel or Baggage delays, a document must be obtained from the airline or carriers representative involved confirming the flight number, delay period and the reason for the delay.
For checked-in baggage loss, damage or theft immediately (within 24 hours) report to the airline or the carrier involved and submit a claim to them. In many instances they may be responsible for damage and/or loss. Please also obtain a loss/damage Baggage Report from the airline or carriers representative.
Report any other baggage loss or damage to the local authority/police and retain the police report for your records to submit with claim form.
All losses under Travel Documents must be reported to local authorities and written acknowledgment obtained.
For liability claims do not make any admission or offer. Request the claim against you be put in writing.
What you need to submit a claim online:
- Your Details enables Chubb to validate your claim. You must have an email address to submit your claim online.
- Supporting Documents vary based on claim type, but any relevant receipts, photographs or quotes should be attached to your online submission to expedite assessment.
- Intended Payee Information allows Chubb Travel Insurance to quickly make approved payments.
- Advise all claims to us within 30 days of a claim event or as soon as reasonably practicable.
- You must submit all supporting documentation, e.g. medical reports, police reports, declarations, receipts, valuations or other such evidence we may request to assist us in the prompt resolution of your claim.
- All losses under baggage, personal effects, travel documents and money must be reported to local authorities and/or your transport provider and written acknowledgment obtained.
- In respect of medical expenses overseas you should submit claims to your private health insurance provider prior to lodgement with Chubb.
- Use the Chubb Assistance Line +65 6836 2922 for specific assistance on all travel emergency matters whilst travelling overseas.
Required documents to submit in support of your claim
- Completed Claim Form
- Travel booking confirmation and itinerary
In addition to these the following additional supporting documents are required based on the type of claim you are submitting:
|Benefit Being Claimed For||Proof of Loss Document|
|Personal Accident: Accidental Death||
|Personal Accident: Permanent Total Disablement||
|Child Education Grant||
|Compassionate Allowance or Child Guard||
|Trip Cancellation or
|Travel Delay or
Travel Misconnection or
Flight Diversion or
Travel Overbooked or
Personal Effects and Baggage; or
Personal Money; or Travel Documents
|Credit Card Indemnity||