This Policy does not cover, and the Company will not in any event be liable to pay any Benefits or indemnify the Insured Person in respect of, any loss which is, directly or indirectly, caused by, a consequence of, arises in connection with or is contributed to by any of the following:
- Declared or undeclared war or any act of War, invasion, foreign enemy, Civil War, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power.
- Any nuclear reaction or contamination, ionising rays or radioactivity.
- Any prohibition, regulation or intervention by government authorities.
- Any loss or expenses with respect to Cuba or a Specially Designated List or which if reimbursed or paid by Us would result in Us being in breach of trade or economic sanctions or other such similar laws or regulations.
- Any loss or expenses which arises in connection with or is contributed by You undertaking any Journey against travel advice (including non-essential travel) by the Ministry of Foreign Affair of Singapore or the Ministry of Health of Singapore, in relation to actual or threatened riot, strike or civil commotion, outbreak of disease or unsafe health conditions, or impending natural disasters, to the country or territory of Your Destination, unless the Journey had already commenced prior to the issuance of such travel advice.
- Any willful or intentional acts by You whether sane or insane, mental and nervous disorders, self-inflicted injury, suicide pacts or agreements or any attempts thereat, provoked homicide or assault.
- Illegal acts (or omissions) of You or Your executors, administrators, legal heirs or personal representatives, loss resulting directly or directly from action taken by the Government Authorities including confiscation, seizure, destruction and restriction.
- Intoxication by alcohol, or drugs not prescribed by a Doctor.
- You not taking all reasonable efforts or Your carelessness, negligence or recklessness in safeguarding Your property or avoiding any injury or minimising any claim under the Policy.
- Travel booked or undertaken against the advice of any Doctor or for the purpose of seeking medical attention.
- Any Pre-existing Condition.
- Any condition which is, results from or a complication of pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage (except miscarriage due to Accidental Injury).
- Any condition, which is or results from or is a complication of infection with Human Deficiency Syndrome (HIV), any variance including Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), and AIDS Related Complications (ARC), or any opportunistic infections and/ or malignant neoplasm (tumour) found in the presence of HIV, AIDS or ARC.
- Air travel other than as a fare-paying passenger on a fully licensed passenger carrying aircraft operated by an airline or an air charter company for the regular transportation of passengers.
- Any condition which results from or is a complication of venereal disease.
- You acting as a law enforcement officer, emergency medical or fire service personnel, civil defence personnel or military personnel of any country or international authority, whether full-time service or as a volunteer.
- You engaging in naval, military or air force service or operation or testing of any kind of conveyance or being engaged in Manual Work or whilst engaging in offshore activities including but not limited to diving, oil-rigging, mining or aerial photography or handling of explosive or loss of or damage to hired or leased equipment.
- You participating in:
- Extreme Sports and Sporting Activities;
- any professional competitions or sports in which You receive remunerations, sponsorships or any forms of financial rewards;
- racing, other than on foot but this does not include ultra-marathons, biathlons and triathlons;
- off-piste skiing;
- private white water rafting Grade 4 (of International Scale of River Difficulty) and above;
- trekking (including mountain trekking) above three thousand (3,000) meters above sea level;
- scuba diving unless You hold a PADI certification (or similar recognised qualification) or when diving with a qualified instructor. In these situations the maximum depth that this Policy covers is as specified under Your PADI certification (or similar recognised qualification) but no deeper than thirty (30) meters and You must not be diving alone.
- Extreme Sports and Sporting Activities;
Please refer to the Policy Wording for the full terms, conditions and exclusions.