Stay beautiful on-the-go with these 4 tips.
Pack an essential beauty kit comprising 8 must-haves:
- Aloe vera – be it a beach or a winter holiday, aloe vera is a skin saviour for sunburned or dry skin. It acts as a cooling gel for healing purposes and also a hydrating face mask for tired skin. An all-time favourite for smart travellers.
- Lip balm – chapped lips are painful so if your destination is dry and or/cold, pack a rich lip balm to apply day and night.
- Cleanser – Clean skin is the first step to beauty. Get a cleanser that effectively removes make-up too!
- Moisturizer – A good, hydrating moisturizer chases away dehydrated skin, reducing lines and pumps up your glow.
- Sunscreen – Avoid painful sunburns and spots by covering your skin with at least a SPF50 protection if you intend to be outdoors for most of the day.
Do this even when you are skiing. For those participating in water activities, re-applying regularly is highly recommended.
- Anti-frizz hair spray – how many times has your hair misbehaved due to the change in your environment? Fix your crowning glory with an anti-frizz hair spray.
- Breath freshener – Do not neglect your oral hygiene as a foul breath can certainly turn people off. As you try new cuisine on your travels, it is always safer to have a breath freshener as you do not know the after-effect of some food.
- Vitamin C – For the sake of your health and skin, pack along a vitamin C of at least 500 mg to avoid falling ill.
Eat and drink the right stuff:
- Onboard the plane – avoid alcohol as it dries up your skin. Drink water instead.
- During your travel - street food is delicious especially the deep fried ones. Too much may cause your skin to break out. So, moderation is the key.
Keep in shape:
- Piling on the kilos on your holidays is certainly not part of your travel plans. Avoid the weight gain by following these suggestions.
- Getting enough rest on your holidays should not be forgotten as this is what holidays are about! So sleep well to avoid the dark circles around your eyes.